Monday, February 1, 2010

Chap. 28 - 'Ginny's Rodeo Song'


Not-Exactly-Chopped-Liver Fiction™
a could-be-worse division of None-Too-Shabby Enterpises, Ink

PRESENTS :



The History of Gin
or
A Fox's Tail©


Is Life Existential?   You Decide.
by   ' Colorado '  Gumi
...I n s p i r e d By T r u e E v e n t s...


Chapter 28

Ginny's Rodeo Song

(to a Western beat)



I went to the Rodeo when it come to town.
Know what I seen there. . .know what I found?
With all of that action swirling around...
Right in the middle, a Rodeo Clown.

Ragged attire and a painted-on frown,
Beaten-up derby set low on his crown.
Hopping about in a dirty nightgown;
Horse-laugher heralds - the Rodeo Clown.

I seen lotsa cowboys throwed to the ground,
While hoof, horn and muscle all flew around.
With an iron nerve and bravery profound;
Always salvation - from a Rodeo Clown

I'm from a big city where wonders astound,
Where bankers and doctors and lawyers abound,
Where money is common as dirt from the ground.
But I'ld trade it all in for that Rodeo Clown.

So I flashed him a smile n' he circled around,
Then I batted my eyes and he was in-bound.
We got along swell and now I propound -
That the best place for love is a Rodeo Clown.

Life goes in a rush, sure to confound,
When home is a place where people surround;
Here on Manhattan, up high from the ground,
Where I give all my love to a Rodeo Clown.

He's smart as a coot. . .lean as a greyhound,
And I am delighted with what I have found.
I hitched up my wagon to the best stud around,
Cuz I planted my brand on a Rodeo Clown.

Yep, I done put my brand on that Rodeo Clown.



To Be Continued

No comments: